Sunday, December 6, 2009

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have luck at all!

Lots of updates to write here. I went to the urologist and promised to tell you about that so here it goes. I had a long talk with Dr. Sehkon and he doesn't believe the lapband contributed to my stone unless, of course, I wasn't drinking enough water. I can tell you, I drink loads of water. Every morning I always have 2 cups of coffee and then it's water throughout the work day until I get home when I may have 1 glass of decaf/unsweet tea. He believes it may be hereditary as my grandpa has had loads of stones. When I went back for my checkup, my stone was still there. He found it really strange that it was no longer bothering me. He decided against going in after it since I seem to be feeling ok. It may pass in the next couple of months. As far as prevention, here's what he recommended. Drink lots of water, drink a glass of lemonade, grapefruit juice, or orange juice daily, and don't salt your food. I am seriously failing when it comes to the salt. I have a terrible salt addiction and I know how bad it is for me. I was raised by a salt addict. My mom would salt all my food growing up and I have acquired a taste for it. I've decided that I will work on lowering my sodium sort of as my New Year's resolution. Strangely enough, my New Year's resolution has always been to lose weight and this year it's not. I feel like that's a small victory in and of itself!

In other news, I was scheduled to work last night and when I woke up from my nap (I'm working nights), I felt awful. My body was hurting, chest felt like I had an elephant on it, and my head was pounding. I thought about calling off but this was only my 3rd night working and I don't want them to think I'm unreliable so I took some medicine and dragged myself in. I was doing my first assessment on my baby when I felt this wave of nausea come over me. I thought, "Oh God, I am going to puke here at work." I sat down for a bit and it passed. I tried to ask the other nurses if I could go on home but one seem really irritated (nurses are not the nicest people). So, I tried to truck on but then my head just really started throbbing and I felt hot. I took my temp and it was 101.5! I told them, " I have to go home, my temp just keeps going up." I came back to the house and loaded myself up on medicine and slept. I didn't eat for 24 hours due to the nausea. I'm just now feeling better. I just hope my work doesn't stay pissed at me over having to leave. I really need this 2nd job! The only bright side is I lost 3 pounds due to this illness LOL Reminds me of Romy and Michelle's high school reunion when Romy says Mono was the best diet ever! Please take a look at my ticker. My BMI is 30.3, now only .3 away from just being overweight!! No more obesity! I'm going to try and lose the other 2 pounds this week so I can hit this milestone. Will keep you posted on my progress =)


Bandita Senorita said...

Mine was actually a salt thing and a hereditary thing too (although he mentioned the lapband as an issue as well as my water intake). I hope it doesn't give you any issues when it passes. I'm sorry you were feeling poorly over this new illness. You know I have started a new job too, and that's one of my fears--that I'll get another stone or get sick or something, and they'll think I'm a slacker. Ugh! The stress of a new job. Anyhow, good luck on getting those last 2 pounds off for good!!!

Mary said...

Thats good that its not bothering you anymore!!! Im sorry you were not feeling well are you still working at the health dept and now working at Baptist too!?!? im so confused. lol. it doesnt take much. anyhow! we need to go walking Ive been so lazy these past 3 weeks I feel so bad. I have only worked out 2 times a week LOL. sigh... I want to be a Baby Nures... :o)

Melly said...

LOL that's ok, Mary, I think I confuse people with my writing that jumps from here to there! Yes, I'm working at both. I'm a school nurse full time (my school is Ferry Pass Middle) and I work as a baby nurse on Saturdays and whenever school is out. It's tiring but fun. Plus, it really takes the weight off. I don't think I sat down once in 14 hours last night! *LOL*