CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 14, 2009

I'll see your moggie, and raise you 2 ragdolls

I am officially a cat owner. Actually, I'm a double cat owner. About 2 weeks ago I spent a ridiculously insane amount of money (you don't want to know) on two beautiful ragdolls. We got a boy and a girl, littermates to be exact. My husband and I could not agree on names so we both got to name one cat. He named the boy, Bender (<---Futurama obsession) and I named the girl, Sookie (<---True Blood obsession).

Although, they're brother and sister, they couldn't be more different. Sookie is Miss Priss. She prances around the house, spends tons of time grooming herself, and could really care less if we love on her. Bender is Mr. Adventure. We bought a baby gate to keep both of them in the bedroom when my 2 year old is up because she tends to love the kitties in an Elmira type fashion (I will love them and squeeze them and hug them, etc.) Well, Bender has already figured out how to scale the gate. He doesn't seem to care that he could be mauled to death at any given second. He wants to jump around the house and try and swat my toes as they stick out from under the blankets. The one thing they do have in common is that they both have attempted strategic takedowns on me in the kitchen when they wanted their food. I almost fell one night when Sookie wrapped herself around my leg yelling while Bender tried to rub up against my other calf. Can we say crazy...oh, and hungry?

I'm new to cat ownage so I could use some help. I researched (cause I like to do that kind of thing) cats on the net and everything I'm reading states they need wet food, due to water content. Well, I've been giving Sookie and Bender Royal Canin dry food in the morning and a pouch of wet food at night. Bender seems to be doing fine but Sookie has had the runs ever since we got her. At first I thought it might be stress from the plane ride, new environment, etc. but I'm starting to think it might have something to do with the food. She isn't sick or anything as I've had her checked at the vets. Give me your suggestions. Should I stop the wet or will this run its course?

Now for the pictures =)






3 comments:

Mary said...

YAAAY I can comment!!! lol I love those Kittys. I have 3 and 2 of them look like that! so adorable!

ThePoolGirl said...

Those are some adorable kitties! Too cute! Neat markings.

Good luck on your WL journey!

Melly said...

Awww..thanks! They're little buggars -getting into everything but we adore them.