CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

In True Blood Mourning

It's not even been 1 week since the Season 2 finale and I'm already suffering withdrawals. I thought this season had some really great highs and there were some disappointing lows. I love when they really explore the character's feelings and relationships. I liked the Hoyt/Jessica storyline. She's struggling with her vampire v. human self and I think that's mirrored in the Eric storyline only difference is he's embraced the vampire and shunned the human part of himself. I liked the FOTS plotline and really liked the Godric character. It's weird but I almost felt like I could empathize with him. I've always thought it was strange when people say they want to live to be 100 years old. I think of the pain that person must feel, watching those you care for pass away. It has to be lonely. Imagine living two thousand years! I'm sure death would be a welcoming thought by then. I also liked the Sam/Daphne storyline. In the final episode when he saw the doe in the woods, I could feel his pain. These are the kinds of things I hope they focus on in Season 3. I know I maybe in the minority here, but I want to see Sookie display some other types of emotion besides this blind devotion to Bill. Come on. I want to her struggle with some feelings for Eric. And on a side note, I liked Sarah Newlin and Sophie. Kudos to Anna Camp and Rachel Evan Woods for their portrayals.

The whole Meanad storyline was interesting but did not need to be dragged out all season long. It would have been better to sum that up the first four episodes. I don't want to see a Jason/Eggs murder focus next season. That was done season 1, thank you very much. I hope Alan Ball sticks to what he's good at, deep character development. It was the reason I loved Six Feet Under so much. It was raw. You felt what the characters were going through. True Blood can be the same and I hope they take it in that direction.

And can I just take this time to announce how much I love Alexander Skarsgard. For those of you who don't watch True Blood, he's in the Lady Gaga Papparazzi video. He's sexy but he's a really good actor as well. You have to check him out.









3 comments:

Gen said...

Me too! Totally suffering withdrawal. And nothing good to replace TB!

From Fat to Fit said...

LOVE this show and am bummed that the season seemed to pass by so quickly. I did't like how the Maryanne story was played out. Hope next season comes quickly!

Have you read the books? I just finished the most recent one. I really like them.

Melly said...

I haven't read the books. I'm debating whether I want to. I'm an avid reader but I hear they are very different from the show. I don't want to mess up how much I love the show. Do you know what I mean? I can't wait for season 3 either!!

I do have a favorite Vampire book series. Have you read the Black Dagger Brotherhood books by J.R. Ward? Absolutely awesome! I wish they would make them into a show.