CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

An Oh So Yucky Day!

You ever have one of those days where it seems nothing goes in your favor? Well, today happened to be one of those for me. My alarm went off this morning at 5 am and I instantly realized I felt like shit. There is just no better way to put it ladies. My head was throbbing, my neck felt stiff, and my body just hurt. I have a huge problem with migraines which, strangely enough, seem to have worsened as of lately. I knew there was no way I could fake it through the day at work so I got up and called in. I took some meds and proceeded to camp my greasy butt out on the couch. I slept with my little one during her morning nap and when I woke up, I felt a tad better and I was hungry. I decided to heat up some of last nights leftovers, beef stir fry over rice. Looking back, I see how stupid I was. Awww...to be so optimistic as to combine rice with dried out leftover meat.
I started to dig in my bowl. It was delish. I got about 3 bites in and I started to feel some pain in my chest. I put my fork down and thought "ok, Melissa, this will pass in a couple of seconds." WRONG! The tightening in my chest started to feel like a vice grip and I felt like I needed to do something quick. I got up and started pacing the room. My husband kept asking if I was ok but I couldn't respond. I felt my mouth salivating. I thought, "oh God, so this is the dreaded PB." I went to the sink and was spitting some but nothing was coming up or going down. I was just Stuck. This went on for about 20 minutes. I decided to try some tricks I had read on LBT. I bent way over into the downward dog yoga position. Then I started hiccuping, and hiccuping, and hiccuping some more. 10 minutes of this and I decided to get a drink. I took a swig and then I heard some gurgling and I imagined my unsweet tea was like Draino going for a clogged drain. It worked! I felt instant relief, no PB, and the food passed.
It was a horrible experience and I hope this never happens again. I'm swearing off rice and weird leftover meat. Oh and I'm starting to wonder if I can PB??? How come the food wouldn't just come back up? I'm like Jerry on the old black and white cookie Seinfeld episode. Aaggh! So, I'm typing this out feeling crummy and still looking greasy. I promise I'm gonna get a shower after I finish sharing my horror story with you all =) Here's to hoping tomorrow is a better day.

4 comments:

pookie said...

Oh yucky...lesson learned and a lesson for me too!! Thanks!! Sorry you couldn't PB it up :(
Hope you feel better!

MB said...

I'm sorry about this, Melly. I only have a couple things that will do that to me...unfortunately they are things I love (and so I try to eat them even though I know that I have had issues before).

And I read your post about the jogging. That's totally how I was too just a few short months ago. You'll be doing 5K's soon enough if we have anything to do with it! :)

From Fat to Fit said...

Isn't it the weirdest feeling!?! It's almost feeling like you can't breathe, but you really can. It's hard to explain to anyone...you just have to feel it. A great feeling is the release when it passes though. I learned my lesson on reheated rice too! :)

Mary said...

Oh My...I know how that is I usually try to jump up and down a little if its not to bad. lol. I cant drink anything while im stuck or it will come right back up!
It hurts soooo bad tho.

are you on Facebook or Myspace? You should so find me on there if you are my email is seylenas_mommy @ Yahoo .com

I Hope you feel better I am kinda having a nothing can go right day today as well. :o(